With Innovative Environments
The Production Artist will work closely with the Art Department and Fabrication to execute all designs for Construction, Signage, Interiors, and Graphics. This position is extremely important and key to the flow in fabrication and assembly by providing expertise in the preparation and delivery of electronic cutting files and print deliverables to Production Manager. Prepares documents and electronic files for use in material fabrication by gathering pertinent information, and meeting strict multiple daily deadlines. Ability to complete and maintain multiple projects within estimated project times. Create and revise documents and templates as well as identify flaws in template construction. Possess master design production skills such as determining pre-press requirements; proper color-usage; PDF and PostScript generation; working knowledge of terminology such as bleed, live, and trim areas; halftones and duotones; printer’s marks, and proper image resolution. Candidate will have expert skill sets in industry-standard layout and graphics programs; Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and Flexi.
Must be able to communicate necessary revisions in a professional manner; while maintaining quality in a fast-paced and highly stressful environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and revise documents and electronic files.
- Create all working files and production files from master artwork from designer
- Layout all message schedules taking into consideration required font heights, code, kerning issues and graphic layout & format
- Knowledge of ADA code for signage and interiors
- Work closely with design department to ensure master files are set up properly from the start
- Work with fabrication daily to ensure all artwork is correct and distributed to fabrication employees and machines in a timely manner to ensure the project is completed on time.
- Proficient in Illustrator and Flexi knowledge helpful
- Assist shop in daily duties as needed
- Attend all Fabrication Review meetings before final package goes to fabrication
- Update files as needed when changes are made in fabrication and work with designers to ensure they are kept in the loop with necessary changes so they can correct in the future.
- Shares existing and new knowledge with staff.
- Maintains expert skill sets in industry-standard layout and graphics programs; Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and Flexi.
- Prepares finished projects according to specifications, using standard preflight and production methods.
- Key role in completing on-time and error free assignments.
- Communicates project status on a daily/weekly schedule
- Meets deadlines on time
- Communicate any potential software problems and/or solutions, and any information that will directly affect our ability to provide quality deliverables.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and commitment to excellence by fostering a positive work environment at all times.
- Keeps archives up-to-date, sharing software and hardware knowledge or expertise with team members.
- Maintains quality results by paying close attention to assignment details, checking own work before giving project back.
- Verifies information by checking project resources; source files, jpegs, PDF’s, and/or artwork requests supplied with each project.
- Trains peers or new employees by working with others on projects, sharing job knowledge and experience, etc.
- Maintains library by organizing, cataloging and updating the server with current files, material and projects.
- Works on other projects and assignments as assigned by Art Department.
- Actively participates in the success and operation of the Brand Creative & Marketing team by willingly taking on new tasks and assignments while maintaining a positive work ethic.
- Maintain proper procedures on workflow by using project management software
- Works with DAM (software) and maintains daily log of time on each job once complete with direction from Art Department.
- All other duties as assigned.
- BFA degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience in Graphic Design
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Adobe CS–Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Flexi.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid experience with image compression, file correction, and optimization techniques
- Ability to work with various client-supplied templates and guidelines
- Master design production skills such as determining pre-press requirements; proper color-usage; PDF and PostScript generation; working knowledge of terminology such as bleed, live, and trim areas; halftones and duotones; printer’s marks, and proper image resolution.
- Strong portfolio of production work
- Solid experience in packaging layout
- Maintains meticulous attention to detail, completing multiple and/or repetitive tasks. Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and deadlines, in an intense and extremely fast-paced work environment
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines, consistently delivering exemplary work while juggling multiple priorities and calmly working through continuous distractions.
- Exceptional work ethic. Uses time productively, maximizes efficiency, and meets challenging work goals. Works well in a team environment and demonstrates a strong desire to work towards the big picture. Ability to anticipate potential hazards and work towards a creative and viable solution. Is willing to commit to extended work hours in order to meet deadlines (when necessary)
- Can take on responsibilities, and manage priorities with minimal guidance or supervision
- Excellent problem-solving skills with displayed determination and a positive can-do attitude.
- Must be detail oriented, dependable, and able to work well under pressure
- CNC material and fabrication process
- Strong print production background
- Understanding of printing process, and file prep to coincide with such process