With Innovative Environments
- Read and understand blueprints, specifications, and technical documents in order to prepare complex project estimates.
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Must be accurate, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Proven ability to anticipate problems, analyze and proactively determine alternate solutions.
- Ability to multi-task, change priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong and accurate mathematical skills.
- Highly accurate communication skills (written and verbal).
- Confirm accuracy of work before passing it on to a client or colleague.
- Using drawings, blueprints, specifications, and related documents, identifies labor, material, and time requirements to prepare accurate cost estimates for complex projects.
- Helps prepare project take-offs that include sign types and/or materials.
- Maintains timely and relevant data to establish accurate job costing data.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Communicates pricing estimate to project managers and/or sales teams.
- Collaborates with designers, sales staff and vendors on estimates.
- Recommends ways to make a product more cost effective or profitable.
- Attends all necessary meetings and training as required by management.
- Makes periodic visits to client locations and project sites
- Provides care and security for all company resources.
- Able to work under extreme pressure and maintain tight deadlines.
- Able to work outside of normal business hours as required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Suites preferred. Knowledge of Fieldwire, Signagent, Trello or other productivity programs are a plus.
- Maintains estimating log of current and completed estimates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the signage industry.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree/experience combination.
- Previous estimating experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong understanding and expression of written and verbal communication.
- Ability to coordinate own and others actions, manage own time and manage personnel resources.
- Comfortable expressing your own thoughts and ideas to the project team.