With Innovative Environments
The Design Coordinator supports the Director and Project Managers with the initial steps of the project, including but limited to conceptual design, gathering information from architects and designers, third-party coordination, procurement on specialty items and misc. administrative tasks.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with third-party designers to draw maps and escape maps to help relieve the in house design team and increase profitability.
- Gather all design information and write up the initial stages of conceptual design for design teams.
- Interview interior designer, architect and landscape architect for design input needed to work on all projects.
- Create mood boards for the design team and in house references, pull colors, swatches, etc.
- Order specialized materials from ID plans to reference for conceptual design.
- Order colors and any exterior materials needed from architectural plans to be able to coordinate their finishes with ours.
- Initial write-ups and takeoffs for the Director for new work/proposals.
- Update proposals as new plans come in for bidding.
- Help set up projects in Fieldwire.
- Overall Fieldwire support.
- Book travel for the division & work with accounting on proper procedures.
- Apply for City of Houston permits and support with permitting in general.
- Code research.
- Write up sign packages for the Director to review with the design team.
- Schedule and attend schematic review meetings and spec review meetings for all projects.
- Create schedules for Project Managers to review.
- Research & Develop with fabrication on new materials and all sample signs for projects.
- Research specialty material to stay ahead of trends.
- Has to have a broad understanding of theory, imagery, typography, space, and scale.
- Remain well-informed on popular culture and trends to monitor the effectiveness of the design concepts in branding and advertising campaigns.
- Help with any marketing projects the division is working on, logos, brochures, etc.
- Create Artwork Orders and Service Work Orders as needed.
- Create initial jobs in QuoteWerks, ExhibitPower (internal software system), and Drives as needed.
- Overall administrative support as needed.
- Handle small or large specialty projects as needed.
- Handpick and source stone, glass, specialty items and help find new vendors for specialty items.
- Work with Marketing Director on all marketing aspects of the division.
- Create initial write-ups and pull imagery for social media.
- Work with Marketing as needed to keep the website updated with current projects, submit new images, copy, etc.